Since 2018, TCL has focused on developing Mini LED technology and has become a true pioneer and a leader in the Mini LED TV industry.
Mini LED is the essential technology and the future of LCD display technology, with high contrast, high brightness, ultra-thin profile and many more local dimming zones. TCL is aiming to become the top player in the Mini LED TV sector in the coming years, bringing a better viewing experience to people around the world.
For these reasons, in 2022, TCL is proud to make significant technology improvements on its brand-new Mini LED models, bringing an important upgrade on 5 key functions:
1. TCL Mini LED now features the 16bit Ultra-precise Light Control. Each TCL Mini LED has the same 16bit light level change. Based on this backlight, TCL Mini LED TVs can perform more delicate control of light and help LCD panel display richer colors and more picture details.
2. From this year, TCL Mini LED will emit a Round Halo (whereas the shape of halo emitted from conventional Mini LED is square). TCL Mini LED with circle round halo can display image with less blooming and less jagged. The edge of the image is displayed more delicately and smoothly, and the backlight zones are even invisible which enhance viewing experience.
3. The TCL Mini LED Direct Drive now reduces the traditional backlight delay on conventional Mini LED screens. TCL Mini LED Direct Drive could make this delay down to about 1 Frame (or 1/120 seconds, 0.0083 seconds) so that the after images could be hard to detect. Objects moving at high speed on screen will appear more clearly, without displaying shadows, which greatly improves the viewing experience.
4. With a thousand Mini LEDs with One Quality, the 12.000 or so Mini LEDS have now the same quality. It means these TCL Mini LEDs have the same deviation in voltage, power, and light wavelength so that when TV displaying a single-color, image is more uniform.
5. Thanks to Backlight Demura, TCL Mini LED TVs Demura now starts from LED Backlight (whereas mura is the gray patches or light dirt that happen traditionally on an LCD panel which would let the screen looks dirty when displaying single-color images). This improvement makes the picture more uniform when the TVs display a single color, especially when watching the football game.
All these 5 significant improvements on TCL Mini LED technology offer an even better visual experience to users with high and precise contrast, less blooming, high brightness, and a better uniformity.